Best Support Books For CAT
If you have gone ahead and purchased your basic elementary books, depending on subjective needs, there can be some supplementary material that you can use to help you in different areas. Here is a showdown of some of the good books that you can take a look at beyond the normal study material of a leading provider.
- Arun Sharma – One of the best books out there for Quant Preparation.
- Nishit Sinha – Another Quant Preparation Book. Check it over here.
- Sarvesh Kumar Verma – An elementary level Quant level book that is much more detailed than the other two.
Winner – Arun Sharma if you don’t want to go through the basics, Sarvesh Kumar if you are looking for much more detailed understanding.
- Total Gadha Book On Number System – Visit http://www.totalgadha.com/. It’s one of the best books out there for covering number system. They offer other books too, but this particular one stands apart. Their online portal is decent considering the price.
Test Funda Support Products
- Skill Builder – Gives 95 lessons with examples and 318 latest exam pattern tests.
- Test Center – 31 CAT exam tests.
- Rank Booster – A valuable product that contains Concept Level Tests for 43 most important concepts for CAT & Other Exams, Questions based on Past Years’ Papers for CAT and other exam + 23 Past Years’ Papers for CAT, XAT and other exams. Recommended for students 2-3 months before the exam.
- Find out Test Funda Discount Code Over here if you plan to purchase any of these.
- Normal Lewis – Amazing book to build vocabulary.
- Free Barrons Word List.
- Wren and Martin for grammar. But honestly, I would not go deep into this as it’s better if you dedicate your time reading and reading and doing some more reading rather than going too deep into the skeleton of sentence construction.
- Just read as much as you can online. Sources like HBR blog, The Economist are just wonderful ways to see how arguments are constructed and a point is presented.
- Novels, English Movies with subtitles.
Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning
- Practice is the key in this section.
- Shakuntala Devi Puzzles – Check Out this Book
- George Summers Puzzles – Check Out This Book
- RS Aggarwal
Past Papers of CAT
- Past papers of the written CAT exam can also be very useful for students. Check Out the Free Source
- IIM Alumni Tips and Introduction to CAT – Check Out This Book
Mock Test Series
- Two test series out of TIME/CL/Test Funda. Ideally, go for TIME + one of the other two.
- TIME test series is quite popular and of decent quality overall.
- CL and Test Funda offer the best post exam analysis, which helps a student analyze the shortcomings and strengths, hence recommended as second support options.
Hope this article has helped you. Please consider sharing it on FB, Twitter or Google+.Check out this space again as we keep updating the content from time to time.
Further Reading >> Check out How to increase your Speed for Solving Questions Fast?